Want to be more involved? Here is an opportunity!
The Office of Hazardous Materials Safety (OHMS) is hosting a forum on May 16 and 17, 2018 to discuss:
- Results of recently completed projects
- Brief new project plans with stockholder input
- Discuss the direction of current and future research projects.
They will also solicit comments related to new research topics, particularly in:
- Research gaps associated with energetic materials characteristics and transport;
- Safe transport of energy products,
- Safe containment and transportation of compressed gases,
- Safe packaging and transportation of charge storage devices, and others.
As well as safety gaps found in a National Academy of Sciences report titled “Safely Transporting Hazardous Liquids and Gases in a Changing U.S. Energy Landscape”.
For more information, including how to register, go to https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/04/25/2018-08586/hazardous-materials-public-meeting-notice-for-the-research-and-development-forum.